AYEA 2023 Event in Hamburg - A Day of Educational Excellence and Recognition
— The city of Hamburg is buzzing with excitement as the highly anticipated AYEA 2023 event is here. Scheduled on Saturday, the 4th of November, this event promises to be an unforgettable celebration of culture, knowledge, and community spirit. Hosted at the prestigious Hamburg Chambers of Commerce (IHK), AYEA 2023 is set to bring together a diverse range of voices, ideas, and talents.
The AYEA event kicks off with a musical performance by the exceptionally talented NaJaCa, setting the stage for a day filled with inspiration, knowledge-sharing, and cultural enrichment.
AYEA 2023 boasts a remarkable lineup of speakers and guests, including:
- Prof. Dr. Marylyn Addo from “Universitätsklinikum Hamburg-Eppendorf” (UKE). She will delve into studies and key factors and engage with the audience by answering their questions, adding a valuable interactive element to the event.
- Ambassador of the Republic of Congo, H.E. Edith Antoinette Itoua, whose speech on "Education is the Key to Success" promises to inspire and enlighten, emphasizing the vital role of education in achieving success.
- Mrs. Michaela Beck, a representative of the Chamber of Commerce in Hamburg, who will deliver the opening speech, setting the tone for an exceptional day.
- Dr. Edward Martin, a distinguished lawyer associated with TopAfric e.V., who will extend a warm welcome to the attendees.
- Prof. Dr. Stefan Liebing, the Honorary Consul of Cameroon, who will address the audience and graciously engage with the attendees by taking three questions, fostering a direct connection with the audience.
- Philip Nana Yaw Brobbey, member of TopAfric e.V., will discuss the societal Impact of TopAfric.
The event's program includes a thought-provoking panel discussion on "Migration and Social Change." Experts such as Mohamed Maiga, Prof. Koudzo Komlanvi, and Christel Yobo will share their insights, shedding light on the importance of global issue of migration and social transformation.
A panel discussion on the legal situation of African students from Ukraine will feature Olalekan Olaleye, Favour Egbele, Chinyere Okoroafor, Blessing Akpininor-Igho, and Sista Oloruntoyin, providing invaluable insights into addressing this pertinent issue.
The AYE PRIZE, named after Hon Bettina Rhensius-Krohn, Honorary Consulate of the Republic of Mali, will be awarding to African parents in Germany who have supported their children's education. This recognition highlights the significance of family and community support.
Fundraising for a Cause
Gloria Boateng, the president of SchlauFox e.V., will lead fundraising efforts, extending gratitude to those who have already contributed and inviting others to join in supporting a noble cause.
Celebrating Unsung Heroes
The Community Award will be presented to Africans who have served their communities diligently and made a significant difference.
A special guest of honour will present certificates to students, marking their achievements and hard work.
Dalila and Thenji will be gracing the event with music performances.
Distinguished dignitaries who will grace the occasion include:
- Hon. Petra Hammelmann, honorary consul of the Republic of Tanzania.
- H.E. Ama Martin, Special Envoy of St. Kitts and Nevis
- Hon. Emmanuel Opeku, General Consul of Ghana in Hamburg.
- Hon. Andreas M. Rohardt, honorary consul of Niger.
Desmond John Beddy, Founder of TopAfric will conclude with a heartfelt word of thanks.
followed by a networking session, socializing, accompanied by refreshments.
Group photos will be taken to immortalize the day, capturing the essence of the event, featuring student attendees, guest speakers, sponsors, and students.
Anita Acheampong and Shirley Hamlet Meschke, will skilfully moderate the event.
The AYEA 2023 event in Hamburg promises to be a day of enrichment, celebration, and recognition. It's a unique opportunity to come together, learn, and celebrate the diversity and contributions of the African community in Germany. Don't miss out on this extraordinary event that embodies the spirit of unity, education, and community support. We look forward to seeing you there!
For media inquiries, please contact:
Desmond John Beddy